zondag 5 juli 2015

Introducing: Aliza Hellings

Aliza Hellings, 20, The Netherlands

What did you do before AMFI?
Before AMFI I didn’t really knew what I wanted to do I doubted a lot between Art and fashion. I studied one year at the HKU to orientate. At the end of that year I found out that I could express myself best through fashion and I chose for AMFI. This choice was based on the fact that AMFI is preparing you for the industry and you can still feel free to do anything you want. So you get the best of both worlds here.

Why did you want to do the honors program?
The honors program is a huge chance to discover, develop and challenge yourself. I think that’s what attracted me to it. It is also a huge compliment to get in of course!

Who is your favorite designer?
One of my favorite designers is Christopher Shannon, a menswear designer from London. I like him because he likes to make statements in his collections, I like his philosophy lot. Clothing wise I appreciate Comme des Garçons a lot.

What inspires you at the moment?
At the moment my inspiration is about failing systems, in sports we have corruption, in fashion we have huge companies who own the whole market and in politics we don’t even know what is really going on because of manipulated coverage. My concept is about people who do not participate in the system.

What are your strengths?
I am a good talker and I can give a nice atmosphere/feeling to my collections. I also like to work with prints and fonts.

What do you want to achieve at the and of the honors program?

At the end of the honors program I hope that I learned a lot more about myself and I hope to make a very nice collection which represents me.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten