zondag 5 juli 2015

Introducing: Morane Havet

Morane Havet, 20, France


What did you do before AMFI?
Before AMFI, I studied textile design for two years in Roubaix, France. I was mostly creating prints, and designing knitted and hand-woven fabrics. I came at AMFI last September to do an exchange and I loved it so much that I decided to stay there until I graduate.

Why did you want to do the honors program?
I really wanted to do the honors program because I think it is an amazing opportunity to develop my own handwriting and grow up. It is also a program, which gives me the possibility to meet very interesting people from the fashion world.

Who is your favorite designer?
My favorite designer is Alexander McQueen. I really like the imaginary he developed in his collections, always full of fantasy and rebellion.

What inspires you at the moment?
At the moment, I think that the people around me and their need to escape a bit the reality inspire me. We are living in a pretty dark society and I would like, through my fashion, give some fun and lightness to people.

What are your strengths?
I have a lot of knowledge in textile, especially with knitting and printing. I develop a lot of handcrafts in my garments. I often give an arty feeling to my work.

What do you want to achieve at the end of the honors program?

With this program, I want to learn more about my personal identity and what I want to say with my work. I want to develop my skills, especially in pattern techniques.  And I want to have fun.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten