zondag 5 juli 2015

Introducing: Simone Schampers


Simone Schampers, 23, The Netherlands

What did you do before AMFI?
Before AMFI I first finished my high school.  Right after that I started at Koning Willem 1 College in Den Bosch where I studied Fashion and design.  In the last year of the study I went on a internship at JANTAMINIAU. There we worked together on two collections. As an intern I started with embroidery, which I already found amazing and beautiful. Step by step I learned more and did patterns, sewing and some design experiments. But the most inspiring part I found the handcrafts and how beautiful the clothes look outside and inside. I remained to work another year there for the weekends.

After KW1C I worked for about 6 months at MEXX to save money to go on a little trip by myself. That was one of the most amazing times of my life so far, I loved the atmosphere of the hostels, meeting new people and discovering everything the countries and cities.

Why did you want to do the honors program?
I never expected to be a part of the honors program. I wanted to do the program, to improve myself, my design skills. I thought it would be a very good opportunity to go deeper in the design part and make a collection which  is really your own collection. 

Who is your favorite designer?
My favorite designers are Rei Kawakubo and Dries van Noten. I love everything about Comme des Garcons and I get super happy feeling inside from the colors, fabric, handcraft combinations of Dries van Noten.

What inspires you at the moment?
My inspiration at the moment is hair. Hairy textures- fabrics, hair extensions, fake hair.  

What are your strengths?
Strenghts, um I think that will be a feeling for colour, fabrics in combination with handcrafts. 

What do you want to achieve at the end of the honors program?

I really want to achieve a collection that is wearable but still outspoken. I want to improve myself at design and making a good collection where you can see that it is from me. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten