zondag 5 juli 2015

Introducing: Sara Akhtar

Sara Akhtar,  23, Luxembourg

What did you do before AMFI?
Before AMFI I used to do Art and Graphics in High school and later studied fashion at London College of Fashion. I wasn’t quite satisfied with the program so I applied at AMFI and some other fashion schools. I ended up going to AMFI because I liked the subjects and programs they offered and I really loved Amsterdam.

Why did you want to do the honors program?
I wanted to do the honors program because I wanted to have a project that allowed me to completely experiment and develop my skills. I also wanted to find out what I enjoy doing and what I don´t and the honors program gives me freedom to do so. I was attracted to do this program because it was all about my creative work and development; I was given the opportunity to make everything creative decision myself with great teachers supporting me and advising me. I was also really excited to do trips to Katwijk and Paris and have fun with my classmates.

Who is your favorite designer?
I have a lot of favorite designers but I especially like Riccardo Tisci, Alexander Wang and the designers from the menswear brand MAN. I also admire Ximon Lee´s work a lot. I am very much into streetwear brands.

What inspires you at the moment?
I mostly get inspired by travelling. I love getting to know new countries and cultures. I get very inspired by watching people´s street style in different cities. I also love concept stores a lot and different designs and graphic trends they show. Independent fashion magazines are very inspirational too and give me a lot of new ideas.

What are your strengths?
I mostly enjoy the translation from the concept into designs. I think my strengths are styling and designing from concepts. I also like working on the presentation of my work.

What do you want to achieve at the end of the honors program?

At the end of the program I am hoping to have completed a great and innovative collection that I am proud of. I am hoping to develop my skills and become more confident about my work. I would like to organise a fashion show with 11 amazing collections that will inspire others and show how much work we put in. I´m hoping to develop as a designer and grow a lot during this program.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten